Our current group is full.
Please scroll down and sign up for our waiting list to be notified of the next cycle of this training group, tentatively planned to start in May 2021.
A 3-month live group training program and community of outdoor athletes who identify as women, transgender or non-binary, led by some of the most experienced female coaches in outdoor sport.
Enrollment closes at midnight Pacific Time, January 19th.
First Live Group session is January 20
(Will be recorded for later viewing)
Training starts January 25, 2021
Space is limited.
Group may repeat again for a subsequent 3-month block. (pending demand)
Who is it for?
- Any female, transgender or nonbinary individual who desires a trusted coaching and training resource tailored for them.
- Any outdoor athlete who loves being active, whether it’s running, hiking, mountaineering, skiing, or climbing and who wants to be confident in their ability to reach their goals.
- Any woman who has ever felt frustrated by training approaches that were not modified for the female physiology.
- Any woman who has felt like a minority in their favorite mountain sport looking for a community of like minded peers.
- Any woman who has ever felt guilty about taking a rest day.
- Any woman who has ever felt self-critical for not feeling as strong as she thinks she should be.
- Any woman who has had awkward conversations about adapting to their needs as a female athlete.
- Any woman who has felt isolated and who desires a supportive community to share ideas for training or practicing their mountain sport while dealing with women-specific challenges.
- Women who would classify as beginner or intermediate level athletes. Professional and serious-amateur level athletes may not be suitably challenged.
- 100% confidence in your ability to train for, prepare and achieve the best fitness level you’re capable of for your objective or race.
- You’ll have the best shot to achieve your goals because you will be trained by Uphill Athlete coaches who have prepared hundreds of women to climb the highest mountains and completed some of the most challenging races in the world.
- Learn to skillfully apply strategies and modifications that will allow you to adapt any mountain training for your fitness level, body type, monthly cycle, hormonal changes or post-baby, as well as tips for multi-day adventures in the backcountry.
- Join a strong community of like-minded women and female-identifying athletes.
- You may surprise yourself by going longer or higher when you surround yourself with inspiring coaches and a supportive community.
This Program Includes
- Access to industry-leading Uphill Athlete coaching methodology and coaching. Currently, Uphill Athlete’s one-on-one coaching programs are sold-out and running a waitlist. The Female Uphill Athlete Group is an opportunity to gain access to the Uphill Athlete training methodology through its female coaches. Collectively Alison, Carolyn and Maya have decades of coaching experience along with being athletes themselves and are passionate about serving an all-female group.
- 12-weeks of progressive training workouts designed to get you fit for outdoor sports by Uphill Athlete coaches Alison Naney, Carolyn Parker and Maya Seckinger, so you can start where you are and move confidently towards your goals and finally have a clear path to climb that mountain, run that race or do that skiing or climbing adventure.
- Daily training plan with endurance and strength workouts scaled to your level of fitness with detailed descriptions. The workouts will be written by women for women and will include suggested supportive modalities on recovery days, so you know what to do every day without having to think about it.
- A private all-female community, delivered through Zoom and a private Facebook Group, so that you have a safe space to share your experience, receive support and feel inspired to stick with your training through the inevitable ups and downs of family, work and life.
- Bi-monthly live group coaching calls with the coaches on Zoom, so you get all your questions answered and receive additional support with your training from Alison, Carolyn and Maya. The recordings of the calls will be available for you to watch in the private Facebook group.
- Access to over 100 exercise and mobility video demonstrations filmed by and for women, so you have easy reference at your fingertips and can prevent injury and enjoy your workouts more.
- Premium Training Peaks Membership ($60 value): Training Peaks is the software used by Uphill Athlete to deliver the training workouts and schedule to your calendar. The premium membership also allows you to easily synch your heart rate and workout data from your watch, so your training data is tracked automatically.