Yet another ADS/mountain endurance question

• Creator
    Topic
    daniel.p.armstrong
    Participant

About 1 month ago I self diagnosed with ADS with AeT around 130 BPM and AnT at 180. IN someways I was hoping for it – means the gains to come are huge! I have made a small improvement since then. I now have quite a lot of time to train and am pilling on a lot of volume.

With training aiming right at my AeT I find it tends to jump above occasionally (I only have undulating terrain). This leads to me spending 2-3% of workout time in a Zone up to 5 BPM above threshold.

So I can see 2 ways of training-
    Train slower to have a lower average HR and ensure my HR is never above AeT HR
    Train right at AeT and accept that sometimes my HR will jump above threshold

I imagine both ways will be pretty similar over a many month period do you guys have experience on which is best?

Further, with races cancelled I would like to take on a mountain project run instead of an ultra. Cant climb steep terrain at any reasonable pace while staying Aerobic (can manage a mighty 400m per hour) so my up/downhill endurance will suffer for the next 3-4 months. I am planning on using the ascribed ME plan in TftUA. Can I do this while correcting ADS. My thoughts are if the MR stays below AeT this will be fine and perhaps contribute to correcting ADS in a small way? if my HR would be above AeT doing these workouts could I just drop the rep rate?

Thanks!

• Inactive
    Anonymous on #39963

I choose:

Train slower to have a lower average HR and ensure my HR is never above AeT HR

…but not this:

I am planning on using the ascribed ME plan in TftUA. Can I do this while correcting ADS.

With a large threshold gap, you should avoid ME training or it will get worse.

The intensity from ME is local and won’t be reflected in heart rate. Even if your heart rate is low, the intensity in your legs will be high. That’s how ME is designed to work.

Participant
    daniel.p.armstrong on #39967

Thanks Scott!

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.