Transition period strength traiing

• Creator
    Topic
    NotOnEiger
    Participant

Hi Everybody,
    I am just about mid through my transition period based on TFNA. I am doing the Scott’s Killer core routine x 1 then the general strength routine as outlined in the book after. All this with very little modification. It takes me about 1 hour with a little general warm up before and a bit cool down after.

The TFNA books suggests to go through the general strength routine 2-3 times after a few weeks of doing them but I can not see myself doing that. I would be way to exhausted and it would take me likely > 1.5 hours. So my question is, would it be better if I picked only a certain amount of exercises from the book and do them 2-3 times in a circuit instead of all the explained exercises in one circuit only?
    Thanks!

• Keymaster
    Steve House on #11091

Awestib-
    You are forgetting one thing: The training effect. You will become fitter as you progress which means the workouts will take less time and you’ll be stronger-easily able to do this routine after 2-3 weeks.

You’re mentally holding yourself back. My advice is to trust the process–and try. I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised as I’ve seen this happen many times. The exact ‘rate’ of adaptation will vary, some may need 2 weeks, some may need 4, but I would wager that if you do 1x general strength routine 2x/week for three weeks that you’ll handily complete 2x of the same routine in a reasonable time on week 4.

Happy Training.
    Steve

Participant
    NotOnEiger on #11093

Thanks Steve, that is encouraging! Appreciate your reply!
    Andy

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.