Thoughts on close doubles

• Creator
    Topic
    nullkru
    Participant

Hi Everyone,

i do them regularly but don’t now how beneficial they are. I call them “close” doubles.
    Often i run in the earlier morning. This run is a more vert or interval style focused run. Then around lunchtime i run again with some colleagues at work. Maybe 3-4h “recovery” in between.

i can handle them pretty good recovery wise. What are your thoughts on them?

Thanks in advance — mirko

Posted In: Mountain Running

• Participant
    TerryLui on #33158

I think if the lunch time run isn’t adversely effecting your recovery and your other workouts (or perhaps it’s a Recovery/Z1 run???), I believe it’d be fine.

Inactive
    Anonymous on #33173

Mirko:
    I agree with what Terry said. From your comments you do seem to be handling them well. I have known of some top runners who swear by three runs a day as a good way to bump up volume. From a training theory stand point doing these close doubles may increase the aerobic training effect of the noon easier runs because you are probably a bit glycogen depleted.

Scott

Participant
    nullkru on #33725

Thanks Terry and Scott!

The Lunch runs differs a bit but mostly they’re mid Z1, or Recovery style runs. If i feel good. I do some strides/pickups towards the end.

Anyway merci for your opinion!
    have a grat day — mirko

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.