The training plan refer to a book that I don’t have

• Creator
    Topic
    Andrey
    Participant

Hello,
    I have purchased 8 week hut to hut training plan and there is a reference there to the book “Training for New Alpinism” that I do not have: “ Refer to p234-238 in Training for the New Alpinism for more information for the Water Carry workouts.”
    How can I get a content from those pages without purchasing the book?
    Thank you

Posted In: Ski Mountaineering

• Participant
    Rachel on #50223

here you go: Muscular Endurance (ME) Workout: Water Carries

Participant
    Rachel on #50225

And also this article covers water carries as well: Vertical Beast Mode

Participant
    Andrey on #50232

Hi, Rachel! Thank you.
    What would be your advice if I do not have possibilities to find long enough slope? The indoor is not an option (everything is closed). I thing the longest (steep enough) hill that I can find nearby will be around 120-150 meters long…

Participant
    LindsayTroy on #50274

This has been a topic of discussion here: https://uphillathlete.com/forums/topic/steep-trail-issue/ but the summary is you unfortunately have to do laps.

Participant
    Shashi on #50290

Andrey,

Another option is to do ME at home. Check this article –
    Muscular Endurance at Home with Progression

Participant
    Andrey on #50360

Thanks for helping me out! I think I have no option but to do laps. Will just have to find out the best solution for my knees on the way down ?!

Participant
    Rachel on #50412

The times I have done multiple laps I keep additional water in my car so I can dump the water out at the top. It would trash my knees to carry that water back down again! You could also use rocks but you’d want to protect your backpack (and your back).

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.