Runalyze

• Creator
    Topic
    Dada
    Participant

Hi guys,

What do you think about Runalyze.com as a free alternative to trainingpeaks?

Best regards
    Dada

• Inactive
    Anonymous on #33896

I’ve never used Runalyze, but I would love to see Training Peaks have a viable competitor. So far I haven’t seen it though…

Participant
    ciemon on #33950

I’ve just made and account and imported some runs to have a look.

The layout and stats all look fresh, new and modern but the absolute deal breaker for me is the lack of a planning calendar. As life makes a mess of my training plan it’s really important to be able to quickly and efficiently swap sessions out. Maybe this feature will come to Runalyze in the future.

Participant
    Dada on #33988

What I like personally, is the fact that it calculates CTL and ATL and provides a hint if you are at risk of overtraining.

But I agree, it’s more an analytics tool than a coaching tool.

Best regards
    Dada

Inactive
    Anonymous on #34083

I wouldn’t use CTL or ATL to diagnose overtraining. It’s a lot more nuanced than what two generic metrics can capture.

Participant
    Dada on #34105

Scott:
    You were switching the topic though but what would you suggest then?

Inactive
    Anonymous on #34248

Sorry, I don’t follow. Suggest for what? Avoiding overtraining? That article does a good job of describing it.

The best thing is to intentionally undertrain. With a margin of safety, you don’t have to worry about it. And by staying healthy longer, your overall progress will be better in the end.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.