Planning for high mileage weeks whilst travelling?

• Creator
    Topic
    ciemon
    Participant

With just 7 weeks til my first 50k, as I get into the Specificity weeks my employer has decided to send me across the Atlantic for a week. It’s far from ideal but it’s life.

With 72km planned for the week giving my weekend back-to-back runs of 22km on Saturday and 29km on Sunday it’s unlikely that I’ll make the 22km on Saturday due to the overnight return flight on Friday/Saturday.

There are two options, tough it out on Saturday and Sunday or spread that 22km over the rest of the week to keep the total distance up. Actually a third option would be to bump the back-to-back into Sunday/Monday although that would make the second week pretty big on distance, way above that 10% increase limit.

So, spread the kilometres over the week or something else? The lack of hills in Orlando is an issue I really can’t get around so I’m going to be losing out there.

Thanks!

Posted In: Mountain Running

• Inactive
    Anonymous on #36105

I would reschedule your weeks and use it as a recovery week. Bookend the trip with more volume, and reduce the load during.

Seven weeks is plenty of time to re-adjust like this.

Participant
    ciemon on #36186

Thank you Scott

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.