Now the Real Deal Performance?

• Creator
    Topic
    Chet
    Participant

Headed to Alaska next week for a week ski touring/skimountaineering in the Chugach! my training for this event is over and this is the reason for the training….So for the week of skiing there (lower altitude than live and training in Colorado) how much should I be trying to maintain performance at about aerobic threshold versus just going with the speed of my group, some of whom will be in better shape?? How much anaerobic is counterproductive for this week of “performance”? any thoughts/recommendations? Thanks, Chet

Posted In: Ski Mountaineering

• Inactive
    Anonymous on #4325

Hey Chet;
    When you are our for many hours a day for ski touring and day after day I suggest you limit your self to staying at and below your AeT HR. Getting sucked into a pace that is too fast early in the day or the trip for you will only come back to haunt you later. Your aerobic work capacity is what it is and exceeding it,especially early in the trip when the excitement is high and no one is tired yet could be a a very costly mistake. Unless you plan to take a day or two off mid week I’d recommend not exceeding AeT by more than 5-10 beats for more than 10-15 minutes.

Have a great trip.
    Scott

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.