Is soccer impacting my training?

• Creator
    Topic
    bdpiche
    Participant

Hey guys,
    Friend and I both worked through the 8-week-ice climbing training, and both had good results. However, it seems to me that he was improving quicker then I. For example, the L-sits within the Killer Core, he was much quicker then I to get on palms and sustain them. We’re both weekend warriors, so do what training we can. I’m usually adding a half hour of running or biking at work most days at lunch just to keep the legs moving after sitting at the desk.

I play indoor soccer twice a week (50 minute games) at a decent level, typically at midfield so am doing a lot of quick sprints back and forth for ~20 minutes a day.

Would this exercise negatively impact my climbing training? Don’t think I’ve progressed much from Week 6 of the training regime, though Christmas certainly didn’t help…

Thoughts?

• Inactive
    Anonymous on #3897

I doubt the mid week soccer games are negatively impacting your Ice and Mixed climbing strength plan progression much if at all. As for your friend making quicker progress; this could be due to his previous training history or some strength and leverage advantage. Does he/she have shorter legs? That’ll hugely impact the L-sit strength. There is just no way to account for differences like you mention here without knowing a lot more about you both. I’ve had folks who took 6 weeks of trying the L-sit almost daily before they could get their heels off the ground. Others who could hold a good L for 15 seconds on the 3rd try ever. We are all coming into this with different background, bodies and genetics. Don’t compare, just stick with it and you WILL improve.

Scott

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.