Heart Rate Drift Test on Track – Z2 Heart Rate

• Creator
    Topic
    max.ovett
    Participant

I went ahead and retested my zone 2 heart with a heart rate drift test this evening on a track and would be stoked for some feedback.

Just to note I did not due a full 15 minute warm up and came out of the gate a little to hot. My goal was to settle into pace that felt comfortable and be able to maintain for longer than an hour

New Top of Zone 2 Heart Rate: 164bmp
    Original Top of Zone 2 Heart Rate:158bmp

• Participant
    max.ovett on #46369

Here is the data from the test in TrainingPeaks.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Inactive
    Anonymous on #47778

Can you post a link to the workout?

Participant
    max.ovett on #48477

Scott here is the link to the training peaks workout. Thought I had alerts turned on. I am still interested in any feedback

http://tpks.ws/DXZAC5B3AGC3HTI4FEYTRMETSU

I have been using 164bpm as top of Z2 and 148bpm as bottom of Z2 and have been recovering and able to do next day runs and ski tours without feeling overly fatigued other than just accumulated fatigue from training.

Participant
    Reed on #48479

Looks to me like you’ve got a good handle on it. Some decoupling of pace and heart rate, but looking at the last 50 minutes of your run, that was about 4% decoupling (Pa:Hr in TrainingPeaks). Your AeT speed looks like it’s right around 9:30 min/mile on flat.

Time focused in zone 1, below 150 bpm for you, will be time well spent. Last year, on about five hours of training per week, I improved my AeT speed from 9:05 min/mile to 8:03 min/mile. https://www.reedshea.com/posts/2019/06/training-progress/

Inactive
    Anonymous on #48502

Good catch, @reedshea.

@max-ovett
    : I agree with Reed. Your test interval started off much faster than the rest of the workout and your heart rate shot up. Thankfully you corrected it quickly. In future tests, take at least 15 minutes to get up to test pace/HR in order to avoid that sudden spike.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.