Deadlift alternatives for mountain running

• Creator
    Topic
    Dane
    Participant

I’m going to start training with Luke’s Intro plan next week and was looking ahead at the strength training sessions and I noticed single leg deadlifts in there. I’m a little limited on equipment (ie no barbell/plates) and have always had a really strong deadlift (>2xBW when I was sort of strength training) so I’m not sure if the dumbbells or backpacks full of water I have lying around will be enough. I can always hack something together but I was just curious if anyone had any alternative exercises they do that could work instead. I’ve seen things like banded kettlebell swings/good mornings/hip thrusts/etc being used in the strength training community but I’m not sure exactly what function the single leg deadlifts serve in the program so it’s hard to think of a substitute.

• Inactive
    Anonymous on #46387

Dane:

Those would be single leg Romanian dead lifts to improve hip strength. Because they are single legged they probably will not require so much resistance to get the job done.

Dumb bells should work fine. The Split Squat with rear foot elevated is another great runner strength exercise.

Scott

Participant
    Dane on #46396

Thanks Scott. Knowing the purpose helps.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.