Abbreviated max strength routine

• Creator
    Topic
    Susan
    Participant

Hi,

I’m just beginning my muscular endurance training (week 9 of base period).
    I understand that I should still continue doing once a week max strength work-out but it should be abbreviated. How have you shortened your max strength work-outs? If I have had three different exercises (two for legs and one for arms) should I just drop one of the exercises out?

Also, the book tells that later this abbreviated max strength work-out will become a warm-up for ME. When is this exactly?

Thank you!

• Participant
    Dada on #36654

To be honest, I thought the abbreviated max strength is a shorter hill sprints workout (1 set of 4 reps)?! But I had the same question a couple weeks ago.

BR
    Dada

Inactive
    Anonymous on #36709

A general rule of thumb is to just use half the volume for max strength maintenance.

Can you point me to the page where it says to use max strength as a warm-up? (And in which book?)

Participant
    Mariner_9 on #36764

“Can you point me to the page where it says to use max strength as a warm-up? (And in which book?)”

TFNA, location 4210 in Kindle. “One Max Strength maintenance workout as warm-up for core routine.”

Inactive
    Anonymous on #36778

Sorry, I only have the print edition. I’m going to guess that it’s a half-volume workout.

Participant
    Susan on #36815

Hi,

I am referring to the page 249 of TFTNA under “Base Period Training Task for Weeks 9-16” “One day per week continue with abbreviated Max Strength routine. Later it will become 1x/2 weeks as a warm-up for ME.

Thanks!

Inactive
    Anonymous on #36832

Check out “Maintaining Your Max Strength Gains” on page 232.

I would use a half-volume workout as maintenance.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.