August 19, 2017, in Chamonix-Mont-Blanc
Steve House and Scott Johnston, Uphill Athlete founders and co-authors of Training for the New Alpinism, are teaching in Chamonix!
Steve and Scott will co-lead a series of lectures, teach strength training theory, and address climbing, ski mountaineering, and mountain running–specific training for the self-coached athlete. No prior experience with organized physical training is necessary. All fitness levels welcome.
This lecture-based class is designed to enable you to plan, execute, and modify (as needed) an intellectually sound training plan for all mountain endurance sports, including climbing, alpinism, mountaineering, ski mountaineering, skimo racing, and mountain running (up to and including ultra distances).
This workshop is ideal for mountain athletes with and without prior training experience. Steve and Scott will teach you how to apply proven training theory in a structured way to most effectively train for your mountain sports. Some of the topics covered are:
- Realistic, relevant self-assessment
- Short- and long-term goals: process vs. outcome
- Proven methods for improving your aerobic capacity
- Specificity in training—when, where, and how to incorporate
- Monitoring recovery and training states
- Fatigue and how to manage it
- Speed and its relation to strength
- Strength training for endurance and uphill athletes
- Specific workout design and programming
- Use of TrainingPeaks.com for planning, recording, and analyzing workouts, particularly for improvements in aerobic capacity and carried fatigue
No prior experience with organized physical training is necessary. All fitness levels welcome. Lunch trucks will be available nearby.
CLASS TIME & LOCATION
Mont Blanc Athlete
475 Avenue des Raches, 74190 Passy